Orange and Chocolate? Yes please!
Let’s be honest, just about anything with chocolate is good in my book.
I love healthy energy bites that taste like dessert, like my Chocolate Peppermint Bites. So why not alter the recipe to use Wild Orange essential oil?
Wild Orange is full of powerful antioxidants. So not only does it taste delicious, but you’re supporting your immune system big-time.
By combining Wild Orange with antioxidant-rich cacao powder, healthy sweetness from medjool dates, and healthy fats from raw almonds and cashews, you get the perfect afternoon, pre-workout, or dessert treat.
My kids were happy to sample these and give their stamp of approval:)
It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it!
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops doTERRA Wild Orange essential oil
- 1 teaspoon water (as needed)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse together.
- Add water as needed (will depend on how fresh your dates are).
- Roll into 2-bite size servings.
- Makes about 24 energy bites.
- You'll need to wash your hands a couple times as you roll the bites, they are sticky!
- Refrigerate or freeze.