Need? Yes, you need a diffuser.
Or a second (or third or fourth) diffuser.
Tell that to my husband:) It’s all in the name of good health!
Really though, it is.
Here is a video training on the benefits of diffusing that answers Frequently-Asked Questions:
You can benefit from essential oils 3 ways, and one very effective method is through inhalation, or using the oils aromatically.
How does it work? Odor information from the complex chemistry of the essential oil is transmitted to the various parts of the brain, giving us powerful emotional, mental and physiologic responses. (That’s my super-simplified explanation!)
Simply smelling the oil out of the bottle works, and so does inhaling a drop from your hands. You can even smell essential oil from diffuser jewelry, like necklaces and bracelets.
But diffusers are kind of amazing, and they are definitely my favorite way to use essential oils aromatically.
If you don’t have a diffuser yet, here’s why I think you need one (in every room):
- You can cleanse and purify the air, not just mask odors
- Everyone in the room benefits from the essential oil
- The oil molecules suspend in the air for several hours, making the oils effective for a longer period of time
- You can add drops from multiple essential oils, creating unique scents and therapeutic benefits
- It’s a safe and natural way to scent your home that won’t irritate those sensitive to synthetic fragrances and candles
- A diffuser is an effective way to use essential oils to support easier breathing
You have many options when it comes to diffusers. Some run constantly as long as they are powered on, while others can be set to give a puff of oil at specific intervals. Some diffusers pull oil directly from a bottle you have attached to it, and others require water. One more thing to pay attention to when choosing your diffusers is the square footage that the diffuser can cover. Questions on choosing a diffuser? Contact me and I’ll help.
How many drops should you use? That depends a bit on the type of diffuser you have and the amount of water you use. I typically use 5-8 drops in my diffuser that covers a large square footage area. For smaller diffusers, 1-3 drops is sufficient.
Remember that your body can only react to so many messages. Essential oils are powerful! If you only have 15 minutes in the morning to run your diffuser, that’s perfect! For optimal benefit, run the diffuser a few times a day for less time, rather than just once a day for a long period.
Here are a few of my favorite essential oils to diffuse:
- Citrus Bliss Invigorating Blend for uplifting the mood
- 3 drops OnGuard and 2 drops Wild Orange for immune support (and a little mood support too!)
- 2 drops Peppermint and 3 drops Wild Orange for an energy boost
- Breathe Respiratory Blend for easier breathing
- 2 drops Balance Grounding Blend and 2 drops Elevation Joyful Blend for stress relief
- Lavender or Serenity Restful Blend for sleep and calming
- Purify Cleansing Blend for cleansing the air and eliminating odors
Make sure to follow my Facebook page for diffuser blend recipes!
Diffusing essential oils can be especially effective to manage moods and emotions. Make it a habit to turn a diffuser on in the kitchen in the morning and you’ll have a happy family. 🙂 Diffuse at the office to calm stress or frustration, and diffuse in the evening to wind down.