I am big on starting the day with protein. I feel so much better when I do – I am full longer, I have less sugar cravings, and I don’t get that dip in energy late afternoon like I used to. Because eggs and dairy don’t work for me (I figured the eggs out through seasonal cleansing), I usually go for a protein smoothie.
But it’s nice to have options!
Knowing how great protein is for me, I definitely want my kids to eat protein in the morning too. They eat eggs sometimes, but they are definitely carb kids with pancakes being a #1 favorite. My peanut butter pancakes are definitely a go-to, but those take a little longer to make than these.
I’ve seen various protein pancake recipes around so I decided to make one and see how it went. My kids loved them! And they were so quick to make, I actually made them on a weekday morning.
You can play around with this recipe and add berries, chocolate chips, a tablespoon of peanut butter, or other favorites. If you are avoiding grains, try them without the oats. I know I’ve seen similar recipes without oats.
It can’t get simpler than throwing everything in a blender!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 scoop non-soy vanilla protein of choice
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender
- Pour onto a heated griddle in desired size
- Cook until bubbles start to pop, flip and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup cacao powder, leafy greens, strawberries, or any other creative ideas you have!