What are the three most versatile essential oils? The three you absolutely must have?
Lemon, Peppermint and Lavender
Today I’m sharing my favorite ways to use Lemon!
I use lemon every single day, mostly internally. I start my day with a Lemon Water Elixir to help cleanse, jumpstart digestion, alkalize, and hydrate.
This Lemon Water Elixir is my #1 way to use lemon!
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (or a couple drops of organic stevia)
- 1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar (like Bragg’s)
- 1-2 drops doTERRA lemon essential oil
Add honey, ACV, and lemon EO to a mug, pour in water, stir, and enjoy first thing in the morning!
I recommend this nourishing drink to all my clients. While I used to use fresh lemon juice, lemon essential oil is now what I prefer. It’s easier to use and more convenient, and of course the concentrated oil comes with more benefits than fresh lemon. Plus, it’s not acidic to my teeth like lemon juice is.
Here are the additional ways to use LEMON that round out my top 10:
2. Add 1-2 drops of oil to your reusable water bottle throughout the day (not plastic bottles though!).
3. Use a drop on fish either in lieu of, or in addition to, fresh lemons. I love to use when cooking salmon. I add a drop or two to the fillet before cooking.
4. Add 1-2 drops to soups or stews at the end of cooking for a bright flavor.
5. Add a drop to a shot of water and make a mouth rinse to help soothe a sore throat.
6. Diffuse to clean and purify the air. I use about 5 drops in my diffuser.
7. Lemon is uplifting and energizing when diffused! Again, 5 drops or so in the diffuser.
8. Make your own safe and effective all-purpose cleaning spray. In a 16oz spray bottle, add ¼ cup white vinegar and 30 drops of lemon, and fill the rest of the bottle with water, shaking to combine.
9. Clean fruits and veggies: Fill your sink with cold water, ½ cup white vinegar, and 6 drops of lemon. Soak veggies, then rinse.
10. Remove sticky residue. Add a drop to the sticky surface, wait a minute, and wipe off. (This worked great on tape residue all over our glass patio doors… my kids love to ‘decorate’!)
This list just scratches the surface. There are probably 100 uses for lemon essential oil!
Which is your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!