Ah, that minty green shake from that fast food restaurant…you know the one.
I used to love that thing! I haven’t had one in years but it still sounds good.
I probably won’t ever have one again. Now that I know that there are 54 ingredients (many of which are artificial), 820 calories (not a big shocker to me), and almost 29 teaspoons of sugar. Yikes! (source here)
Of course, if you really want one, indulge away! Just don’t kid yourself about what you’re drinking:)
If you want to try a healthier version, try mine!
I use unsweetened coconut milk and frozen bananas for the ‘ice cream’, actual greens for the green color, peppermint essential oil (or peppermint extract) for the minty flavor, medjool dates to sweeten, and a dash of vanilla.
It’s pretty darn good.
It beats 54 ingredients.
This is my kind of indulgent milkshake! (Add a scoop of protein powder and call it breakfast!)
You have to give me your reviews on this one!
- 1 large onion or leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup kale, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth or water
- Sauté onion, ginger, garlic until fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until all veggies are cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve.