We have loads of cucumbers coming out of our garden. This is what we got TODAY. And I still had a few in the refrigerator from the other day. Which is great because I’m saving a lot of money on cucumbers! Between the kids and I, we eat a couple a day.
I made a cucumber salad dressing the other night that was so refreshing and delicious, I made it again tonight. I prefer to make my own dressings because the ingredient lists on store-bought dressings is long and usually contains additives or oils I’d rather not eat.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 small/medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste (made from sesame seeds)
- 1-2 garlic cloves (I like 2!)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 tsp of sea salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional, I buy it in the bulk section of my co-op)
Put everything in your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. You can make a thicker dressing by adding more tahini or thin out with more cucumber. This will keep 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
The dressing didn’t last long at our house! I used it as a dip for vegetables too.