This tofu is so delicious, it’s definitely a favorite! This would be a good one to serve to people who don’t think they like tofu, they will change their minds! In the winter, I bake this at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. The rest of the year, this is great on the grill!
You will need:
- 1 15.5 oz package extra firm tofu (I like Trader Joe’s organic sprouted)
- ½ cup orange juice (about 2 oranges)
- Zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup organic tamari or shoyu
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ rice vinegar
- 1 tsp brown rice syrup (you can leave this out if don’t have it)
Prepare tofu by placing on a towel-lined plate and covering with another towel and heavy plate to remove excess moisture. Let sit 5 minutes.
Cut tofu into 6 ‘steaks’ about ½ inch thick. Place steaks in square dish to marinate.
Whisk together marinade ingredients. Pour marinade over tofu steaks and let sit for as long as you’ve got, up to 1 hour.
Put tofu on grill and cook for approximately 5 minutes on each side.
Enjoy! This is so good. . . it will serve 3-6 depending on appetites and what else you are serving.