Did you know that a small (12 oz) Shamrock shake has 470 calories and 65 grams of sugar? That’s over 16 teaspoons of sugar, or 1/3 cup of sugar. Are you kidding me???
That’s crazy town. Not to mention the inflammatory ingredients, like Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 40, Artificial Flavors, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup… and 50 or so more crazy ingredients. Check them out for yourself here.
But they are delicious:) I love a mint shake, so last year I set out to make my own version. Success!
With ingredients like coconut milk, frozen bananas, vanilla, doTERRA peppermint essential oil, and optional medjool dates, I’ve recreated the flavors with real goodness.
And bonus, the essential oil helps with digestion and gives me an energy boost!
Intrigued by this year’s new chocolate version? I’ve got you covered. My version is one of my favorite breakfasts! I’m actually shocked they didn’t think to add chocolate sooner, I certainly did!
Yes, you can take this shake recipe and make it into a satisfying breakfast! I would add some protein in the form of clean protein powder (I like Sun Warrior), almond butter, or hemp seeds, and a little healthy fat with some chia seeds or flax meal.
Classic Minty Shake
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 large handful leafy greens
- 1 frozen banana (peel and freeze the night before)
- Dash of vanilla
- 1 medjool date or a tablespoon of raw honey for added sweetness (optional)
- 1 drop doTERRA peppermint essential oil
For Chocolate Shake
- Add 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon almond butter or 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds or flax meal
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- For a less-powerful blender, blend the milk and greens first, then add additional ingredients and blend until smooth.
I’m always ‘healthifying’ recipes so I can eat my favorite flavors without inflaming my body.
If you’re ready to learn a new way of eating, don’t miss the 30-day cleanse beginning March 20!
We’re taking doTERRA’s 30-day Cleanse & Restore supplement regimen and following the recipes and suggested meals in my 14-day Jumpstart to clear out for Spring! If weight loss and increased energy are on your list, you have to join us!
Send me a note so I can help you get your doTERRA supplements and be ready to go on March 20!