This recipe is amazing, I’m so excited to share it with you! I’m always trying to come up with new ways to treat my family without refined sugar. With three kids, treats are a part of my life! Everyone needs dessert, I just prefer it my way: healthier and made with real food ingredients.
If you are a fan of lemon bars (which honestly aren’t one of my favs, but I love these bites so much anyway!), you will love this simple recipe that’s really a take on my classic homemade larabars.
I was trying to think of something summery to make last night for a dessert treat and I thought of lemon.
My husband and daughter got home and I said you guys have to try these.
My husband: these are really good, what is that??
My daughter: lemon!
My husband: Yes! These taste just like those yellow lemon bars!
I get it, they don’t look anything like lemon bars. But the taste is right on.
Who says you need sugar, butter, and flour to make lemon bars?
Try mine and see if you agree! Let me know by commenting below!
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Remove pits from dates and soak for 10 minutes in water if they are not soft.
- Drain dates.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until well-combined.
- Roll into balls.
- 1 teaspoon of zest and 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice were from 1/2 of a large lemon.
- I suggest you double this recipe, they will disappear fast!
- Store in the refrigerator.