Oh deliciousness. I saw this 5-ingredient, gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free chocolate chip cookie recipe on Martha Stewart. I figured, if she says it’s good, it’s got to be good!
She was right. These cookies are really good.
I made the recipe a little healthier by switching the sugar to lower-glycemic coconut sugar. It is still a cookie, but it’s a little better for you!
My favorite chocolate chips are the Sunspire organic 65% cacao chocolate chips. I also use Enjoy Life mini chips in a lot of recipes even though they are slightly higher in sugar. Either way, you’ve got a pretty low-sugar cookie here.
I love how quick and easy these are, and the fact that my whole family loved them even though my kids really aren’t fans of almond butter. The downside? These cookies are a little pricey to make. A cup of high-quality almond butter isn’t cheap. You could definitely use natural, unsweetened peanut butter instead!
As you get into the holiday baking spirit, give these a try!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a tablespoon or ice cream scoop to portion 'dough' onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will puff but not spread out so shape before they go into the oven.