Not only are these delicious muffins gluten-free, but they are white, refined sugar-free and vegan too! I have made 4 batches of these in the last two weeks, if that explains how good I think they are. (The recipe makes 15-16 muffins. I didn’t eat that many even though I probably could have! . . we’ve eaten a lot, but some were made for a breakfast event I had last week.)
I found the recipe here, and I really didn’t have to make many alterations!
Banana Nut Muffins
- 2 cups oat flour (you can make your own by putting gluten-free oats in a food processor)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (my go-to granulated sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons ground flax mixed with 6 tablespoons water (mix and set aside for a couple minutes)
- 3 large or 4 medium-sized bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients well.
Fill muffin cups about 2/3 – 3/4 full.
Bake for 20 minutes.
I added more walnuts to my second batch per my husband’s request. But then my girls picked out all the walnuts and I had to make a plain batch to make them happy. At least they are quick and easy to make!
Here’s my kids helping me. Their favorite part is licking the bowl clean. The bonus of vegan baking is that there are no ingredients that could be harmful if eaten raw!