Fall popcorn.. with essential oils?? Yes!
I make popcorn all the time for my kids, but I usually don’t make it very exciting. Pretty much just plain-ol’ organic popcorn kernels in coconut oil with a little sea salt.
I had to make a snack for an event the other night, so I decided to try this recipe I found on madoilers.com. As we’re getting into colder weather, it seemed appropriate to hide essential oils in everyone’s food. Another way to get the protective blend into my family and support our immune systems. 🙂 The protective blend is an effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support. Love, love this stuff!
I was really surprised by how delicious the popcorn was. Everyone at the event loved it. I didn’t know how my kids would react… the protective blend has clove, wild orange, eucalyptus and rosemary, among other things. But it was a huge hit! I’m sure the maple syrup didn’t hurt. My kids ate all the leftovers in minutes and insisted I make it again.
My friend said it would be a great appetizer around holiday time. Halloween night, even!
- 1 cup organic popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil (plus more for popping popcorn)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 drops OnGuard essential oil
- 3 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Air pop the popcorn, or cook in a soup pot in melted coconut oil (that's what I do)
- Melt coconut oil in saucepan over low heat and add syrup and essential oils. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Pour mixture over popcorn, sprinkle with sea salt, and stir to combine.