That’s all I can say about this one.
You probably know I have a slight addiction to healthy smoothies. They’re my go-to breakfast, and in the summer, I sometimes have one for lunch too. When it’s hot out and I don’t feel like eating anything heavy or warm, smoothies are my answer.
I love that I can pack a lot of goodness into a cool glass that tastes delicious! As long as I have protein, veggies, and fat, I know it’s a complete meal that will stick with me.
I’ve had people tell me that smoothies don’t fill them up or stick with them long, and I really think the mistake is not adding fat! If I just eat protein powder and some fruit, I get hungry pretty quickly too. Add in that fat to help you feel full and to help your body utilize all those vitamins in the veggies.
All right, on to the recipe. Something about almond extract tastes like frosting to me, so maybe that’s why I was so obsessed with this one!
Dreamy Almond Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 cup liquid of choice (unsweetened almond or coconut milk, or even water)
- Large handful leafy greens (I freeze mine!)
- 1/2 frozen banana (adds creaminess when it’s frozen. Simply peel, break into halves or fourths, and freeze)
- 1 serving protein powder of choice (I use SunWarrior Warrior Blend in Natural as most brands have stevia and that makes me break out. There are lots of good options on the market, just stick to soy-free and if you need to avoid dairy like me, go plant-based and whey-free.)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (here’s your fat!)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (or flax meal)
That’s it! Blend in a high-speed blender and ENJOY!
If you want to increase the veggies even more, try adding 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower. You won’t taste it and it will up the creaminess of your drink.
What’s your favorite smoothie ingredient? Let me know in the comments below!