Tis the season for stomach bugs. And head colds. And every variation of the two.
It seems like every Christmas I hear from friends who had to skip parties and family gatherings because somebody gets sick.
Thankfully we’ve got essential oils in my house. My kids have gotten sick much less often since we’ve been using essential oils on a daily basis. We just built the habit into our daily routine! And when we do catch something, we’re able to move through it very quickly.
Here are three oils I suggest (strongly suggest!) you use to help stay healthy for the holidays!
OnGuard Protective Blend – This is one you MUST have in your home. Not to be overly dramatic, but it’s kind of a big deal:) OnGuard is a blend with Clove, which is a highly-potent antioxidant. This is our first line of defense for immune support.
How do you use OnGuard?
- My kids use this one DAILY on the bottoms of their feet during the school year. Every single morning ‘did you use your oils?’ is a question right along with ‘did you brush your teeth?’ and ‘is everything in your backpack?’. We love the OnGuard Touch bottle that is pre-diluted and easy to roll on. Otherwise, dilute a drop of OnGuard in a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil in your palm, and apply to the bottoms of your feet.
- I love to diffuse OnGuard. It smells delicious, especially at this time of year! (The blend of clove, wild orange, cinnamon… smells so good!) I often diffuse it in the kitchen so we all benefit from the extra boost.
- OnGuard Beadlets are little pops of oil that dissolve in your mouth. Keep these in your purse! OnGuard softgels are another convenient choice for taking OnGuard internally.
- I also use OnGuard as a natural, effective hand sanitizer. We’ll rub a drop in our palms after being in public places.
- Check out this video for even more use information for OnGuard.
Digestzen Digestive Blend – Stomach bugs beware! We put this one directly on our tummies for everything from bloating and indigestion to the dreaded vomiting. This soothing blend really helps us feel better fast.
Digestzen helps promote healthy digestion, so keep this in your purse when you go to parties! When you eat something you’re not used to and your tummy gives you trouble, this is an excellent blend to have on hand. Dealing with bloating and indigestion really takes the fun out of any social event.
How do you use Digestzen?
- Use the Digestzen Touch bottle (pre-diluted) and rub on your stomach. Or, dilute a drop of Digestzen in a few drops of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply.
- You can also apply topically to the bottoms of your feet.
- Digestzen has anise and fennel which smells pretty strong to me. If you’re at a party and don’t want to smell like it, simply add a drop to a glass of water. Viola.
- Digestzen comes in softgels (easy way to take internally), so those are great to purchase and keep with you.
- The DigestTabs are also fantastic chewables that work really well for occasional indigestion.
- I also use this blend on my dogs! Dilute and rub on paws or tummy.
Breathe Respiratory Blend – We had to pull this one out the other day for my daughter when she woke up stuffy. Breathe blend contains eucalyptus which works so well to maintain clear airways and helps with easy breathing.
How do you use Breathe?
- I apply diluted Breathe or the Breathe Stick to my kids’ chests and under their noses (especially before bed). Again, Breathe is available in the Touch pre-diluted bottle, or you can simply dilute in Fractionated Coconut Oil in the palm of your hand and apply.
- The bottoms of the feet are an excellent place to apply Breathe, especially for kids.
- Diffuse Breathe in bedrooms to help get that restful night’s sleep so you enjoy the holiday fun!
- Learn more about uses for Breathe in this video.
If you’re traveling, take these oils with you! You can buy a doTERRA keychain with little sample-size bottles which is a really convenient way to take 8 oils with you in your purse. To bring the whole bottles, put them in your quart-size Ziploc and you can bring them right on the plane!
If you don’t have these three essential oils yet, the Home Essentials Kit is a fantastic choice. You not only get the three oils I discussed above in 15mL bottles, but 7 other must-haves as well (Frankincense, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Deep Blue Soothing Blend, Melaleuca, Oregano), plus the Petal Diffuser. This kit comes with a FREE doTERRA membership, which means you get 25% off all oils for the year. It’s a pretty fantastic deal.
Contact me to learn more about the options to get your hands on these essential oils.