We recently tried Mint Brownie Larabars for the first time. My kids loved them! (We are Larabar lovers in this family). I do buy them a lot, but I also love to make my own because they are SO easy, and they are really inexpensive to make compared to buying bars. (Here’s my recipe for the classic cookie dough version: Recipe Here.)
I also prefer to make bite-sized protein balls instead of making whole bars. It’s all about portion control when you’re talking dates and nuts. Delicious and healthy foods, yes, but you don’t want to overdo it! I keep these in the fridge or freezer and pull one or two out at a time. The smaller size is perfect for the kiddos too.
My absolute favorite smoothie is my Chocolate Peppermint concoction, so I knew I would love these. Yup, I was right. (If you’re in my free Facebook group for Moms, The Baby Weight Revolution, you’ll find my smoothie recipe!)
Okay, here’s the recipe! You have to let me know what you think of these in the comments below!
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil (or peppermint extract to taste)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, beginning with just 1 tablespoon water.
- Pulse to combine ingredients until you have a thick dough.
- Add additional water if necessary (if you have powder that is not combining)
- Roll 'dough' into bite-sized balls. (You will need to wash hands a few times, it's messy!)
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers.
- These are amazing right out of the fridge!