When you think of chocolate shakes, I’m sure you think of loads of ice cream and chocolate sauce. While that might be fine for an indulgent treat on summer vacation, it’s not something I would recommend every day. But made the healthy way, you can give shakes to your kids all the time!
You know I love my banana ‘ice cream’, so I used the same idea when making this shake. Frozen bananas take the place of the ice cream. Dates and unsweetened cocoa powder take the place of the fake chocolate syrup.
My kids’ reaction? ‘Mommy, I love all the food you make!’
I don’t get the same reaction from my daughter when I serve broccoli. I’m not that magical.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 scoop non-soy vanilla protein of choice
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender
- Pour onto a heated griddle in desired size
- Cook until bubbles start to pop, flip and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup cacao powder, leafy greens, strawberries, or any other creative ideas you have!