What do you think of cauliflower? I love it roasted, and I don’t mind it in stir fries. I’ve never been a huge fan of raw cauliflower. When I first saw cauliflower rice popping up awhile back, I was underwhelmed. It just didn’t sound good to me!
Then I tried it. I was amazed by how delicious it is! And how much it really replaces rice. Kind of like zucchini noodles.. you get the texture and you don’t really notice that you’re not eating grains…
This recipe is from my Summer Cleanse (because we take grains out for the 7 days of the cleanse). Try it and let me know what you think! For all the details of the Summer Cleanse, click here!
- Florets from one head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the florets until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in food processor with garlic and herbs.
- Slowly drizzle in olive oil and pulse until rice-like consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- You can skip the steaming step if raw cauliflower does not bother your stomach.
- Alternatively, you can process the cauliflower first, then add to a pan with olive oil, garlic and herbs and heat through.