You feel like you’re doing all the right things like eating well (usually) and exercising, but that scale isn’t budging. What’s the deal?
Before you jump to the conclusion that there’s something wrong with you and you’re doomed to carry the last 10 pounds forever, ask yourself these five questions honestly:
- Do you understand what healthy choices are, or are you falling for savvy marketing? If gluten-free snacks, pretzels, dried fruit snacks, sweetened yogurt, veggie straws or chips, store-bought granola or cereal, anything screaming low-fat, fat free, vegan, paleo, or raw, or just about anything else that has been processed from its original form, are making their way into your shopping cart, you are likely being mislead and might be sabotaging your efforts.
- Are you over-eating healthy foods? This is a common mistake I see women do all the time (and have done myself). Just because an avocado or almonds are healthy doesn’t mean you have the green light to fill up on them. Read more about that here.
- Are you rewarding yourself with food after exercise? Here’s the bummer: weight loss is mostly what you eat. You can’t out-exercise a bad diet. And exercising does not give you license to eat more (usually, of course maybe you can eat more if you’re a marathon runner!). Most of us over-estimate the calorie burn from our activity.
- Are you grazing all day long? Do you eat meals and snacks at regular intervals or do you snack all day long? Every time you eat, you spike your insulin. You don’t want this ‘fat-storing’ hormone turned on all day. Little bites from your kids’ snacks all count. Shoot! Aim to eat only every few hours and see how that changes your results.
- Are you drinking water? I talk about this all the time, but I find most clients still don’t do it. If you’re not drinking lots of water during the day, you’re likely eating more than your body needs because you’re confusing thirst with hunger.
I encourage you to try my 14-day Jumpstart beginning October 17. If you read the above and thought, jeez, I might need to upgrade some habits, this is the program for you. With my help and the support of the group, you will get that scale moving!
If you read the above and said, YES, I’m good to go on all 5 points, I would guess you’re eating something your body doesn’t love. In my 14-day Jumpstart, you will eliminate potentially-allergenic foods, giving your digestive system a break, reducing inflammation, and allowing your body to release weight. Some healthy foods don’t work for everyone!
Weight loss doesn’t need to be hard, and I know you can do it!
What trips you up? Comment below with your questions!