I love my co-op. I prefer to shop there, support local businesses, and have the assurance that I am buying high-quality food. But budget is a factor. I have three kids who are eating more and more! I also shop at Costco and Trader Joe’s, and you can read my lists of go-to’s at those stores here (Costco list, Trader Joe’s List).
But I love Target. I worked at corporate for 9 years! I support the company and love it to pieces. While I don’t shop there nearly as much as I used to, I am increasingly pleased when I do. Beyond the regular-ol’ needs like light bulbs, kids’ birthday gifts and impulse clothing buys, I am finding more and more food that I can buy at Target when I stop in. (This is the regular Target store, not even a Super Target!) It used to be a lot processed foods that I don’t eat or serve my family, but recently, I am seeing more and more foods to add to my list!
**Disclaimer – this is my Eden Prairie, MN Target store. I realize that not all stores carry the same selection.
I posted this picture on my Facebook page the other day. I couldn’t believe it when I saw chia seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries and cacao nibs at Target. Stores are really listening to the needs of today’s consumer and making changes. Yay!
Here are 14 foods that I find at Target:
- Hemp Seeds
- Chia Seeds
- Goji Berries
- Cacao Nibs
- Traditional Medicinals Teas (love peppermint, nettle and roasted dandelion)
- Organic quinoa
- Frozen, wild-caught salmon
- Justin’s almond butter (love the small packs for on-the-go!)
- Larabars (great to have on-hand for real food on-the-go snacks for the kids)
- Simply Balanced organic fruit strips (again, love these for my kids)
- Annie’s Organic Dressings (I like to make my own but these are a great second-place option)
- Simply Balanced Blue Corn Tortilla Chips with Flax
- Simply Balanced Organic Beans (Pantry staple for when you didn’t soak your own and need a quick meal!)
- Organic spices
I know they carry organic eggs and milk too, but the way my family goes through eggs, I buy them at Costco! What am I missing that you love at your local Target? Let me know!