Peppermint is a well-used oil in my house! I love the scent, but I love the benefits even more.
Peppermint is one of the most versatile oils, being useful for so many things. That’s a good thing, but it can also be overwhelming. There are probably a hundred ways to use peppermint, but I’m going to keep it simple.
I’m breaking down 12 ways we love to use Peppermint at my house.
I hope this inspires you to take out your doTERRA Peppermint and use it often. You will love the results!
*If you don’t have a doTERRA account, I’ll send you a sample of our Peppermint. This one is must-try! Request it here.
In no particular order…..
- Focus – Inhaling peppermint is known to help with concentration! Diffuse while studying or working.
- Tea – I love to make my own therapeutic peppermint tea. Add a drop to a mug, fill with hot water, and viola!
- Head tension – Dilute a drop and apply to your forehead, temples or back of neck (avoid your eyes).
- Smoothies and protein balls – This is one of my favorite ways to conquer a sweet tooth. I add a drop to my morning smoothie and use in protein balls like these.
- Pre-workout energy – Add a drop to water and drink, rub a drop on your temples, or put a drop in the palm of your hands and inhale. It’s an instant energy-booster.
- Cooling – Whether it’s hot outside, or you’re just overheating, peppermint works wonders. Dilute as needed and apply to the back of your neck.
- Afternoon pick-me-up – Add one drop in the palm of you hands and inhale deeply. This is more effective than caffeine or sugar, and you don’t get the crash you get with those! This is also great to keep you alert on long drives.
- Natural bug repellant – Add a few drops to water in a spray bottle and spray around doors, windows, or anywhere you see bugs coming in. You can even spritz your kids’ hair to help repel lice!
- Indigestion and stomach upset – Add 1-2 drops to water (hot or cold) or put in a veggie cap and take internally. Or you can take 1-2 beadlets.
- Natural breath freshener – Drop peppermint in your mouth for a quick breath freshener, or use a peppermint beadlet. Peppermint beadlets are great to keep in your purse.
- Reduce appetite and cravings – Diffuse 3-4 drops, inhale 1 drop from your palms, or add a drop to your water.
- Natural air freshener – Diffuse 3-4 drops, or make a room spray with water and a couple drops of oil in a spray bottle.
There are many more uses for peppermint… what did I miss? How do you like to use Peppermint?
To learn more about essential oils and practical uses, make sure to sign up for Monday night’s webinar, Essential Oils 101. Sign up here.