Lavender is not one of my favorite scents. I’m not sure why, I’ve just never loved it. But I do love the benefits!
Just like Peppermint, Lavender is a very versatile oil and useful for so many things! While that’s a great thing, it can be overwhelming to figure out exactly what to do with it.
Lavender gets a lot of use at my house, and here are 10 ways we love to use it:
- Diffuse in your bedroom for sleep support (you can also apply a drop to your pillow!)
- Apply topically to back of neck or bottoms of feet for sleep support (my son’s favorite!)
- Add a few drops to dryer balls to keep laundry smelling fresh
- Add a drop to chamomile tea for extra calming support
- Dilute and apply topically to sunburns or any skin burn
- Apply to scrapes to soothe the skin (again, diluted)
- Add a few drops to an Epsom salt bath for added relaxation and to ease tension
- Apply to the outside of the ear for ear discomfort
- Use a drop in your diffuser necklace for calming throughout the day
- Add a drop to your face cream to minimize skin imperfections (I love doTERRA’s hydrating cream that already contains lavender, jasmine, geranium, and frankincense)
I have clients who have added Lavender to baked goods, but I can’t personally vouch for that one. 🙂
What did I miss? Let me know in the comments below!
I mentioned above that Lavender is one essential oil I use for Sleep Support. Want to find out how to get a restful night’s sleep? Getting enough sleep is directly correlated to your productivity, mental acuity, mood, even your weight. Find out how to maximize the hours you have for sleep in next Monday’s free webinar! 8-8:30pm central time. Sign up here!